Adaline Jo is born!

I have been meaning to write down Addi’s birth story, mainly because I don’t want to forget it. As a little girl, and still now, I love to hear the little details about the day I was born.

I realized the last blog that I wrote  was about Jimmy praying for his baby sister to be born. And it just so happened that the next day she was!

Adaline Jo was born Thursday, November 3rd, 2016 at 5:14pm. She joined us weighing 8lbs 1 oz and 19inches long. And just like it had happened the two times before, I heard those first cries and the world stopped spinning. There is nothing in my life that can top the moments in which each of my babies took their first breath, it has happened now three times and it was just as awe-inspiring and magnificent each time.

I am a planner by nature (something that can annoy my husband with my lack of spontaneity and continuous list making), and with the end of pregnancy nearing I inevitably thought of when labor would start and what the “plan” was for the boys. So I had plans all over the place: If it happened in the middle of the night, if it happened during school, if it happened on the weekend, if it happened at work…etc. As you can see I spent a lot of time thinking about the “plan.” I would jokingly say that “MY plan” was to have labor begin at 6:30am that would give me the ability to get Jake on the bus and drop jimmy off at daycare at the same time I do any other day. Well….

Addi Jo listened to mommy! At 6:28am my husband and I were getting ready for work and my water broke…at least I was pretty sure that’s what it was! This was the first time that my water broke on its own, the other two labors started with contractions. I wasn’t 100% sure I hadn’t just wet my pants so I took a shower and started to get ready for work. I realized that no matter what was happening we should get to the hospital. We got Jake on the bus and off to school. Dropped Jimmy off at daycare and headed to the hospital, praying that this was it! She wasn’t due until November 9th, but I was ready to meet her NOW!

Unlike the first two labors, where the drive to the hospital was painful with contractions every 2-3 minutes. My contractions hadn’t started with Addi so it almost didn’t feel real. It was quite on the maternity floor that day. I was the only one in active labor when we got there, so we received VIP treatment. We got all hooked up to the machines the nurse tested to see if it was my water that broke and her response was music to my ears “You guys are staying! You’re going to have a baby today!” We called the grandparents and aunts and uncles to let them all know.

Addi, my sweet girl your labor started so nicely, but you wanted to make sure your last and final Koester baby spot was solidified. You were in the posterior position (face up, instead of face down), so your little head ran down my spine and caused the most extreme back labor pains I have ever felt, that coupled with the epidural NOT working made for my toughest labor. You also were stuck and would not engage into my pelvis to come out. So what is not my proudest moments, because I had all the grace of a giant walrus I rocked and rolled (with the help of Daddy, Paigie and Nanny) to try and get you to move.

Then all of a sudden, you moved, and with two big pushes you were out. The cord was wrapped so tightly around your neck but the doctor quickly took care of that and you screamed! You were the first and only baby that daddy got to cut the umbilical cord. They laid you I the warmer beside my bed and daddy and nanny were there snapping pictures! You had a full head of dark hair! Daddy looked over to tell me “she has your chin and your big eyes!” Adaline we were and will continue to be in awe of you and everything that you bring to our lives.














Your big brothers came up the following morning to meet you for the first time and if my heart wasn’t already so full and grateful, I think it exploded that day. They love you and prayed for you and wanted you almost as much as daddy and I did. Little girl, you are so loved!


 Addi,
This is my first blog to you, and I am so thankful for you and grateful to have a daughter. I have an amazing mom and I hope to have the relationship with you that I have with my mom. You have the wildest, craziest, funniest brothers Sweetpea but man oh man they love you! You will be a very welcomed accessory this year and for many years as we watch the boys play ball. You watch them constantly and they love to make you smile.  I can’t wait to see what you become and what your interests will be my gorgeous girl. You make our house a little sweeter angel. I hear often that "she better toughen up having two big brothers that will pick on her." I kind of smile knowing that is not the case. You have your daddy and two big brothers wrapped around your tiny finger and I worry about them. I think you have them fooled and  in no time at all will be calling the shots, and they will happily comply as they smother you with hugs and kisses. You are a gift Addi!



 With all my love, support and wonderment,

Mommy

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my second baby,

Oh baby its about to get wilder!

Mother of the groom