Potty Training (round two)

From the moment that we brought Jimmy home and I realized I have TWO little dirty diaper machines, I dreamed of the day when diapers, and blowouts would be a thing of the past….This is not to say that I didn’t love their sweet tiny baby years, but I could have dealt without the poop-up-the-back incidents.

Well, I can safely say it….We have TWO potty trained boys! It has now been a week accident free. I held my breath, thinking that this may just be a flute, but it’s the real deal. I have TWO “big” boys. I am so very proud and excited for my little Jimbo that he did it! And he is proud to let everyone that he knows (and doesn’t know) that he is potty trained,” JUST like Jakey!”

My, how fast it goes. While in the middle of dirty diaper duty 24/7 I thought it was never ending….I am sure our garbage man did too. But it is such a short time of their life that they are in diapers.

It is said that once you overcome one obstacle and you are on to the next, I find this especially true with children. Just when I think “man, I have this mommy thing down!” they go through another change or another stage and I am learning and adjusting to their new, likes/dislikes/hatreds of all things cheese…or whatever else they decide at the time.   

I do not want to change this new financial freedom and go back to buying diapers, however I will say that there does come a new stress. How quickly I have forgotten the new potty trained routine. When they say it is “go-time” it is “GO-TIME!” I am pretty sure that I could be in the back candy isle of Target and get to the bathrooms at the front of the store faster than a NFL first string draft pick could run a 40 yard dash……When its potty time, people better watch out. Momma is coming through and if you don’t move, it’s gonna be clean up on isle “YOU.”




The first week of watching Jimmy get potty trained has given me a lifetime of laughs.  After he started to get the hang of the whole potty thing he wanted to do it all the time. There were obviously times that he didn’t need to go but tried anyways. After I asked him, “did you go potty? “He responded back “yeah, I tried but my wiener is broken right now and not working.”…a simple I didn’t have to go would have worked.

Being in big boy underwear has also brought up the fascination with his “boy parts” a few notches…This is NOT new to me.  Jake broke me into this concept a few years back. However, I am not sure if it is all little boys, (I don’t remember Jakers doing it) but Jimmy will talk to his ‘wiener,’ while going potty.

                “Hey wiener, we need to go potty, I need you to start working.” …“You did it wiener! Good Job!”

Because we have really been stationed at home while in potty training mode, his talking to his new ‘friend’ is funny, but I hope when we are in a public restroom his new ‘friend’ no longer needs his helpful encouragement.


I haven’t written to you boys in a while and Jimmy I just wanted to say how much you have grown and changed and how I love the little boy that you are becoming. Your baby-days are becoming fewer and fewer, I cherish the rare days that you still want to rock and snuggle. I know that you so often want to be as big as “Jakey”, but believe me buddy you will get there, and it will happen all too fast! For now I will revel in another major milestone and celebrate the wonderful-ness that is you! You amaze me every day buddy, and bring so much sunshine to my life!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my second baby,

Oh baby its about to get wilder!

Mother of the groom