2018 letter to Jimmy


Oh this little boy. A rare photo of him solo and WITH a real smile.




My middle little, you’ll never know how much I have worried and worked to make sure you never felt “the middle kid syndrome”. And this is something I will continue to do for the rest of time. You have the kindest heart and purest soul, you’ll do anything for anyone without ever being prompted or asked. This is much like your dad, the two of you have a generosity that is hard to find. You have grown up so much this year, started kindergarten and (not surprising) made many new friends. To know you is to love you. You are authentically yourself in all you do and all you say. I hope you keep this trait, you do not waiver your decision based on others opinion and that makes me very proud. Whatever you say you genuinely mean, nothing is a ‘show’ with you or to be a people pleaser.  For being a six year old little boy your ability to go from wild and crazy to nurturing and paternal at the drop of a hat anytime your baby sister needs you is astounding. She certainly hit the jackpot with you as her older brother and I know she will forever love you. This year you have turned into quite the competitor and athletically shown your enhanced skills on the basketball, football & baseball fields. While at home practicing all these sports it can be tough to be the little brother, however I am confident that it will only make you a better athlete and teammate as you grow.

You and your brother and sister are all so different. Jimmy, you are my laid back and easy going boy most of the time.  However, I also know that you have the most fragile heart out of my three babies. When your feelings get hurt its soul crushing. You are mommy’s-man and always have been. You talk incessantly and this is the main reason that you can simultaneously drive me crazy and make me laugh.  

I haven’t written to you in a long time, but last night I had tucked each of you into bed and when your brother and sister were fast asleep I heard pitter patter upstairs and knew it was you, my little night owl.  You came downstairs and asked if I would snuggle you, you never do this, so I happily open my blanket and arms for you to crawl in. As we laid on the couch I kissed your cheek and whispered:  “I Love you SO much, you're my favorite 6 year old in all the world”.  Your response was sincere and made me want to write it so I could remember it forever: “ You are my favorite mom in the world, and even if I was born into another family I would search for you forever, until I found you, I think God would bring me back to you.” Oh I would hope so! I can't imagine my world without you in it!

I hope you know over this last year how proud I am to be your mom, how proud I am of you and the adjustment to school. You are wicked smart, hilariously funny and your beautiful soul shines from the inside out. You may not always make it through the day on “green” from school, (mainly because of talking) but I love you anyways. Don’t let your brother get in your head, he is walking his path, you walk yours. You will do great things and I am thankful to walk beside you to watch you do them!

I love you always, MOM

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my second baby,

Mother of the groom

Hubby, I love you too!