Mr.Trouble


When I found out that I was blessed to be pregnant with a second little boy I was thrilled. I was more excited then I even expected to be.  As my growing belly wasn’t “real” enough for me already, when we found out we were having a boy as the new addition to our family it all became even more “real.” I no longer was thinking about the possibility of re-painting the nursery from blue to pink.  I no longer had to worry about getting a whole new wardrobe of girl clothes because all I had was boy’s clothes.  The financial aspect of having two boys, in the same season, so close together was a big pro. And as I started to day dream about our new little man growing inside me a worry that I had that was different then my first pregnancy was: ‘I hope this little boy is loved by everyone as much as Jake’ and that he is not always compared to Jake.’

You hear about second siblings holding a grudge because they were always being compared to their big brother, or big sister.  I hoped so bad that wouldn’t happen.  Jake is a VERY busy little boy and I knew having another one he could get looked over because I would be busy keeping up with Jake. Well the phrase “be careful what you wish for” comes to mind. I have a healthy and happy little boy and that is what matters. My tiny man WILL NOT be looked over. That fireball of energy makes his presence known and stands his ground firmly! While he is only 34” and 25lbs he is a force to be reckoned with if you try to make him do something he doesn’t want to do.



Jake is still just as busy, however, (thankfully) he doesn’t do ‘as many’ life threatening stunts as my Jimbo. J While Jake looks like a mix between his daddy and his Pa, Jimmy has his daddy and his Pa’s adventurous, mischievous, wild personality. He is hilarious and infuriating all at the same time. He will climb ANYTHING, at any time and the word “NO”- means absolutely nothing to him, the sterner my voice is the bigger smile he shines back at me.

This past weekend while at one of Jakers friend 3rd birthdays, I was talking to another mom as we watched our little kids in the bounce house…only Jimmy was no longer in the bounce house and was now quickly climbing up the ally of the ski ball game. (Side note: this boy loves balls, basketballs, baseballs, soccer balls….and apparently ski-balls)  So as this other mom and I were talking, probably about how great our kids are, I hear someone say “omg, he’s going in there!” I turn around to see Jimmy’s head under the plexi-glass covering of the skiball machine. So in front of a whole party I crawl up the ally of the ski ball game and try to gently pull my little boy from out of the game that he is still adamant on getting into, to get those damn balls…..(yes mother of the year award!)

This same little 19-month old boy is the one that on Friday while I was trying to get his clothes changed to take the boys to school and for me to get to work he threw an enormous fit. He would hardly let me put his little shirt on. Jake so kindly told me “mommy, I don’t think he wants to wear that.” (Ahhh I love when everything is chaos and my three year old can offer so much sound advice.) I get Jimmy’s outfit on to leave and he is still pulling at his shirt. As I kennel the dogs into the laundry room along with the boys, Jimmy picks up the dogs water bowl, holds in right to his chest then looks at me and pours the ENTIRE full water bowl all over himself.  Jake- “told you he didn’t want to wear that!” I rush jimmy back to his room to change and as I take off his shirt he happily claps his hands! Little turd, he will do it ‘Jimmy’s way!’

God knew what he wa doing when he gave me two of them. Just when I think I might sell one of them on the black market because I am at my breaking point, the other will come in and hug me, or kiss me or tell me “you are the best mommy!” and everyone is saved! J They are already saving each others behinds when they are in a tight situation.

I am no longer worried about Jimmy getting looked over because he has an older brother.  Jakers is such an independent little boy and he chooses whatever works best for him, even when the crowd goes one way Jake will not follow if he is not into it. I love that quality about him; I knew with a little brother that would look up to him he needed to be an independent little boy. However, Jimmy also marches to the beat of his own drum, and is stubborn and independent all on his own.  While frustrating at times because both are marching to their own beat, in opposite directions of each other, I love them for their similarities and their differences.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my second baby,

Mother of the groom

Hubby, I love you too!