Someone is ready for a new baby


Saturday for the second time in my life I packed up an entire Rubbermaid container full of 12-month little boy clothes.  I folded and placed all the little pajamas, and outfits away for storage.  One day I will sell them along with the five other totes that are full of my little boys previous smaller sized wardrobes…(or use them again)….who knows?  But for now they are packed in this container and ready to go to my parents where I store all the tiny clothes for safe keeping.

This morning I had gotten Jimmy out of his crib and was changing his clothes for school, Jake came in as he usually does to excitedly greet Jimmy for the new day.  They give their hugs and kisses and Jimmy smiles and repeats “Jakey! Jakey! Hi Jakey!” and Jake will reply back with “I missed you Jimmy; I haven’t seen you for a long time!” All so very sweet. Today as we walked out of Jimmy’s room to get loaded up in the car Jake asked me “Mommy, what are you doing with all of Jimmy’s clothes?”

For anyone that knows how a three year old works, knows the answer to his question was not going to be a quick one.  I let him know that when he and Jimmy grow, I have to pack the clothes away that no longer fit. The clothes in that box were clothes that no longer fit Jimmy, and I had to do the same thing when he was a little boy.

He looked confident in my answer, which rarely happens, he quickly just replies back with another question, or a “but Why?” So as I put Jimmy’s shoes on and Jake slips into his tennis shoes, he lets me know; “mommy, Jimmy wants to be a big brother too! He will always be my little brother but he wants a little brother too.” My hubby and I don’t really talk about another baby, and especially in front of them.  But they see lots of little babies at their school (daycare).  His sweet little request was to cute.

Mommy: “So you want a little brother?”
Jake: “Jimmy’s wants a little brother, I want two little brothers and a baby sister”
Mommy: “Oh wow, that is a lot”
Jake: “No it is not, it is 4! 4 is not a lot, then you could have 4 babies cause you love us!”
Mommy: “ I sure do love you and Jimmy!” (as I buckle them into their car seats.)
Jake: “I know you do, and you would love more babies too!”

(I have a Nissan Murano, not a huge car, but can fit three car seats in it when I have my niece with us)
Jake: (Very matter of factly) “Michael John can sit right here, between Jimmy and me!”
Mommy: “haha is that your new brothers name? (no idea where that came from)
Jake: “yes, cause I like it! And we only have to three car seats so I will have to hold my baby sister Ana, but that’s okay!”
Mommy: “oh and you have your sisters name picked out too? Well we only have three car seat spots so I think we can only have 3 babies”
Jake: “yes, cause my baby sister will be beautiful like Ana in Frozen is beautiful….I NEED a sister too! And Jimmy and me want another brother!”
Mommy: “haha we will see buddy” (trying to get out of the conversation)
Jake: “yup, we will see! God already knows we NEED two more babies for our house”
Mommy: (Slightly nervous for him to be talking to the man upstairs) “Buddy two more babies is a lot of work for mommy.
Jake:  “not when I am here, I will keep my sister safe forever, cause I am her biggest brother!”
Mommy: “well you are too sweet, but day care cost a lot of money so it might not work out”
Jake: “haha mommy! You are so funny!”
Mommy: (Confused) umm…thanks Jakers
Jake: “it will work out, you said you asked God for me and I worked out good, and Jimmy is sitting there working out good….it will work out mommy!”

While I am more than a little nervous I am also so in love with the fact that he loves his brother and wants Jimmy to have a little brother too. I am not sure if that will ever happen in real life, but when Jake talks to me about how he will love and protect his imaginary unborn baby sister it melts my heart. He is such a great big brother to Jimmy and I am beyond words blessed to have them as my sons.  


Boys,
 With or without another sibling in the mix you have each other. As Daddy and I always tell you, “this is your best friend for life, you take care of each other and no one will understand and love you like your brother.” You will not understand the love of your brother until you are older but I can assure you, Daddy and I know what we are talking about. Mommy’s sisters are my forever friends, thick or thin, hell or high water. I know they will NOT be the ones who are the light at the end of the tunnel because they are the ones standing by my side holding me up as I walk through that dark tunnel  so I do not have to be alone. Cherish each other, and if there one day is another little brother or sister added to our family, love them as fiercely as you do each other.

             Eternally yours,



              Mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my second baby,

Mother of the groom

Hubby, I love you too!