He is YOUR son…

There are so many moments that I look at my sweet little boys and think “I am doing something right.” Moments when they stand and hold the door for a lady to walk through before coming in the door themselves, When they tell each other “you’re my best friend Buddy!”, When they climb up on my lap to give me a hug or kiss out of the blue and tell me they love me, all of these moments they are MY boys.

Then there are the moments, and moms of boys may understand what I am talking about, The moment that they pull a stunt or say a phrase that you look at your significant other to tell them “HE IS YOUR SON!”….. Because I do not know how in the world he thought of that, so it must be my husband’s doing. (Obviously kidding, most of time we are both flabbergasted).

After talking to a man that I work with who has three boys he continues to enlighten me on the fact that little boy “tick” different then little girls. My little boys say what is on their mind and they mean every word of it, they are loud and destructive and get dirty in a second flat…..and this is all while they are supposed to be waiting quietly at a wedding.  My boys play rough, and I need to continually remember that, they are just playing. I often yell “Jacob get off your brother” only to find Jimmy grinning from ear-to-ear as his brother stands up from sitting on his face.  

They play differently than I did; they play differently than any little girl I know. They play with the intensity and adrenaline of the quarterback in the 4th quarter of the super bowl.  And at times I think they can be as destructive as an entire NFL defensive line.  They are almost 2 years old and almost 4 years old….What the Hell am I going to do when they are teenagers?

Besides being these wild little men, they have made me say the craziest things. Even while some of these things come out of my mouth I cannot believe I just had to say that.

I should start to write a book of things that I never thought I would hear myself say….

“Please stop going poopy in the yard!”
(Yes I know your baby brother did, and the dogs do, but that is not okay.)


“I would love for you to stand on my back and pretend I am a surf board.”
(As long as I can just lay her for a while with my eyes close, pretend away…..)


“Please stop licking the dogs face”
(I know the dog licks you but we should make that a one-way street)


“No, ice cream for breakfast is not just like an extra cold glass of milk”
(it’s a dairy, milk is dairy, milk comes from a cow, milk is in ice cream, so can I just have ice cream? ……This kid will be the best lawyer I know!.....)


“No, I don’t need you to wipe my bottom after I go poopy.”
(I appreciate the gesture, maybe in 50 years I’ll take you up on it, but for now, I will deposit money in your savings account if I could just go to the bathroom ALONE!”


“Why is there Jell-O on the dog?
(No, he is not your baby so stop trying to feed him!)


“Please don’t be a wiener machine when we are in public.”
( “guess what I am Mommy!”, he was completely naked and  proceed to wiggle his little hips, I was too scared to ask so I replied with “I don’t know, what?” Jakes response…. “I am a wiener machine, that’s cool, huh?”)

 

I can only imagine what else is to come as they grow (and destroy) and astonish me with their one-liners and boy-ish ways.

Jake & Jimmy,





My house is no longer spotless and my walls are not always clean, you have added chaos and craziness to my world, But I never knew how funny life could be until you two came into it.  While there are times I think I might pull my hair out, I have to stop to remember how boring my life would be without you in it.  You are perfect just the way you are. I cannot imagine life any other way.

Thank you for a life time of laughs every day,

Mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my second baby,

Mother of the groom

Hubby, I love you too!