Mission Impossible


Has anyone else ever thought “How in the world was I late for stuff BEFORE I had kids?”

 I hate to be late and before children it didn’t happen very often, but still there was an occasional time where I would sleep past my alarm.  But I then could spring out of bed, quickly fix my hair, throw on some make up and clothes brush my teeth and be out the door within 20minutes (if I absolutely needed too).  Now I am not sure if I can get out the door in 20 minutes when the whole family is ready and just needs to put coats on.

happy little naked baby! As long as he's got food, he is good to go! :-)
This morning was one of those mornings; I hadn’t slept well because my little “anti-sleeper” kept me up again. So when I finally get up it is 6:30, mind you this used to be the time I got up before kids.  However now I like to be up no later than 5:45, so I drastically cut my time down for OPERATION: GET OUT THE DOOR ON TIME. I hop in the shower get myself completely ready before the boys got up, this is itself is a miracle, they never sleep in when I need them too, but today was that day.  I actually thought to myself, “Wow, we are actually going to be on time!”  hahaha what a silly mommy!

Simultaneously both little guys wake up.  I quickly get my little Jimbo’s diaper changed, dressed, shoes on, coat on and give him his cup of milk and we are still good on time…..Just call me ‘Speed-dresser.’  Then there is my independent, obstinate, determined three-year old, all fantastic attributes, until you are trying to get him to do something FAST!

I’m not sure but I think getting my Jake to do something that he doesn’t want to do is the equivalent of getting the US out of debt and creating world peace in one day.  I want him to have a mind of his own, but maybe we could do that when mommy isn’t late…just kidding, kind of.  I trying pulling out every article of clothing he had from the closet to see if he’d wear it, while he sat on his chair in his room like ‘king-of the world.’  

“No mommy I want a football shirt, not THAT football shirt”.  “No Mommy, I don’t like the color orange anymore” (His favorite color, ever). “No Mommy, that baseball shirt isn’t my David Freese jersey”  This goes on until he just wears whatever he wants.  So for anyone who sees a cute little boy with a great smile and looks clean but kind of homeless, that’s my kid! Black pants from Old Navy, a batman pajama shirt with a cape on the back, which is a size to small but refuses to get rid of, Snow boots and a bright red stocking cap. He thankfully left my purple head band aka his belt, in the car before he went into daycare.

This boys loves boots...and cardinals
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Needless to say I was late, very late. J So Glad to have a flexibly employer!

So for all you moms who are always on time, put together don’t have cheerios in your hair or runs in your pantyhose I am in awe!  While I am put together I feel like I need to drive to work with the air conditioner on because I am sweating profusely from running around and trying to get my little gentleman ready and out the door on time. I just try to look at this as my work out routine.   “Who needs early morning Gym-time when you have to get yourself and two little tots ready...right?”  J
One of the few picture I have of me.....ready for work this past fall, with Jakers



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my second baby,

Mother of the groom

Sleep, sleep where art thou?